As the complexity of computer graphics grows and quality requirements increase, more and more visualizers are faced with the impossibility of making a high-quality render of their scenes on their own equipment for the delivery of a project to the customer in a short time. So, more and more professional artists, designers, and architects are turning to cloud rendering, but what is this service? Let's try to figure it out in this article.
Advantages of using render farms
There are several undeniable advantages to using this service. Perhaps you will find many more points useful for yourself while working with cloud rendering:
1. Expert render farms involve professional staff to coordinate and resolve issues that arise during multiple renderings. In case you have any questions, you will be able to immediately get an answer, and not be left alone with the problem. Moreover, the likelihood of trouble such as failure in the calculation, a max crash, a power outage decreases remarkably.
2. Significant time savings. You can do other projects because your computer is not busy with rendering. And the processing power of a render farm is many times higher than a regular computer, so your project will be ready much faster than if you rendered yourself.
3. Cost-cutting! If you are thinking about investing in more powerful computers to render projects at home, this is hardly a good idea. Most of the time, your equipment will be useless, but you will have to spend money on its maintenance. Therefore, it is much more profitable to use cloud farms – they take all these inconveniences upon themselves.
Main features of render farms
Before choosing a render farm and launching a render, it is highly recommended to pay attention to the specifics of the work, and sometimes it is even worth reading the user agreement upon registration. Here are a few highlights to note:
• Data storage on the render farm isn’t provided for long periods. Usually, after some time after rendering (from a couple of days to several weeks), your projects and results will be deleted. It is important to make it clear on the storage period of the data, and whether there are additional payments for space.
• Funds on the account of the online service are usually valid indefinitely, but some farms can reset the balance after some time. Better to clarify.
• The refund policy for different farms varies, but more often than not, render farms do not return funds after purchasing credits and replenishing the account.
• The rules for using credits and bonus funds for testing the service also differ significantly, but, usually, when registering, the service charges you a certain amount of funds for free, and you can spend only on test frames. Such frames will be watermarked and/or made in lower resolution.
Why choose Yun Rendering?
You don't need to download any special software or make any changes to your hardware to start utilizing this service. Simply create an account on the website, where you can manage all of your render projects. Technical support is available online 24/7 and is ready to help you with any questions in your work. Get ready to create incredible projects!